Monday, March 22, 2010

And They're Off!



I recently had the great honor of designing a birthday invitation for my amazing grandmother's 80th birthday!

My mom and uncle planned a weekend gathering in Hot Springs at the horse races for friends and family to celebrate Nana's birthday milestone. The front featured the necessary information for guests and then on the back I had a little fun. I scanned in an old racing program and then with the work of Photoshop, I made a few changes to the horses names ;) All the names tie into Nana in some way. "Gnarly Nana" was by far the favorite and carried over to the weekend as her new nickname! Even the morning line selections feature her birthday (3-16).

Sometimes, I even impress myself! lol

We had an amazing weekend in the "spa city" and I had the best day at the races (money-wise) probably ever!

Happy happy birthday Nana! We love you!

2 comments:

Amy Wenzel said...

this is TOO cute!!! love the names of the horses. happy birthday to nana!!!

Katie @ Modern-Day Family said...

I love this! that is super cute.. great job!